BETTER FOR SKATERS, BETTER FOR THE EARTH.
Skatelite products are made out of paper content derived from recycled and sustainably harvested forests certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC®). Skatelite goes to great lengths to minimize its impact on the planet through its manufacturing process. It’s certified as a clean air manufacturer and uses an energy efficient WE (Waste to Energy) processes reduces natural gas consumption by 83% and captures, reuses waste in the paper drying process.
Richlite’s exclusive saturation equipment captures energy from the manufacturing process and recycles it back into the heating system as energy.
- The Vertical Drying Tower is heated to the required temperature, 600°F (315°C)
- Exhaust from the drying tower is captured and cooled to 230°F (110°C) by ambient air
- The cooled exhaust enters the heat exchanger at 230°F (110°C) and is heated to 600°F (315°C) as it passes 900°F (482°C) air (see step 5)
- A catalytic bed destroys 99.99% of VOC’s which generates clean 900°F (482°C) air
- Part of the 900°F (482°C) air is sent back through the heat exchanger, cooling it to 400°F (204°C)
- The remaining 900°F (482°C) clean air is captured and returned to the drying tower – bypassing the heat exchanger
- Before exiting to the atmosphere, 30% of the 400°F (204°C) air is directed back to the drying tower
- Combining the 900°F (482°C) air with the 400°F (204°C) air equalizes to 600°F (315°C), which is recycled into the drying tower, eliminating the need for an additional heat source and creating self-sustaining energy